Health and Safety Policy Statement
Issued in accordance with the requirement of Section 2 (3) of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974.
This statement is part of the ‘Health and Safety Management System’ operated by LBBC Beechwood. A trading division of the Leeds & Bradford Boiler Company Ltd
The objectives of this ‘System’ are to:-
• Minimise/eliminate personal injury and suffering
• Improve the cost effectiveness of our business as a consequence of the above
• Comply with Health and Safety legislation
The company intends to achieve this by ensuring, so far as is reasonably practicable, that:-
1. Sufficient resources are provided for the effective management of Health and Safety
2. Employees are consulted on Health and Safety matters
3. Specific Health and Safety roles are assigned and accepted
4. All Health and Safety responsibilities are effectively communicated and understood
5. Training is delivered where necessary to ensure personnel are competent to carry out their work place duties safely.
6. Hazards are identified and where practicable eliminated
7. Control measures to reduce the likelihood and/or severity of accidents are implemented where hazards cannot be eliminated
8. The ‘System’ is adequate I y described, communicated, applied and enforced
9. The ‘System’ is reviewed at least annually for its effectiveness and amended as necessary
It is intended that the ‘System’ briefly described above will enable a continuous improvement approach to the company’s Health and Safety performance to develop.