Health and Safety Policy Statement
Issued in accordance with the requirement of Section 2 (3) of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974.
This statement is part of the ‘Health and Safety Management System’ operated by LBBC Beechwood. A trading division of the Leeds & Bradford Boiler Company Ltd The objectives of this ‘System’ are to:
- Minimise/eliminate personal injury and suffering
- Improve the cost effectiveness of our business as a consequence of the above
- Comply with Health and Safety legislation
The company intends to achieve this by ensuring, so far as is reasonably practicable,
- Sufficient resources are provided for the effective management of Health and Safety
- Employees are consulted on Health and Safety matters
- Specific Health and Safety roles are assigned and accepted
- All Health and Safety responsibilities are effectively communicated and understood
- Training is delivered where necessary to ensure personnel are competent to carry out their work place duties safely.
- Hazards are identified and where practicable eliminated
- Control measures to reduce the likelihood and/or severity of accidents are implemented where hazards cannot be eliminated
- The ‘System’ is adequately described, communicated, applied and enforced
- The ‘System’ is reviewed at least annually for its effectiveness and amended as necessary
It is intended that the ‘System’ briefly described above will enable a continuous improvement approach to the company’s Health and Safety performance to develop.